Hans Wegner was born in 1914: Tønder, Denmark where he completed his early education and was trained as a cabinet maker.
In 1936, at the age of 22 he attended the School of Arts and Crafts in Copenhagen, returning later as a tutor.
He worked as an assistant to Erik Møller and Arne Jacobsen until 1943, helping on their design for the Århus Town Hall,
and adding some of his own furniture. In 1943 he opened his own office and came out with the Chinese chair which,
along with his 1949 "Round" chair would provide the basis for many of his later chairs.
Papa Bear Recliner Chair Detail Description:
1. This vintage hans wegner papa bear chair classic has become an icon of mid-century Danish design.
2. Solid wood frame, upholsteried in woolen fabric or italian aniline leather of hans wegner papa bear chair .
3. Solid ash arm pads and legs.
4. The wood-tipped arms, cuddle the sitter with a big bear hug.
5. Hans wegner papa bear chair comes with an ottoman.
6. Color: White,black,red and other popular color